Yes, if you are one of those creative people who love to take photos, keep reading because today you will learn how to sell your photos online. Here are some examples of stock photos that you can emulate.
For several years, the demand for photographs has experienced an exponential rise, more and more companies, content creators or bloggers need photographs to optimize their digital content.
And what do I need to start selling my photos?
All you have to do is get creative, be patient, and apply these five steps.
Of course, I am not going to deceive you before starting to sell your photos you have to be aware of the time this adventure can take you, because:
- You must plan outings to the street
- Recreate a certain atmosphere at home to take good photos
- Invest time in looking for the ideal props and that is necessary
Mentalize yourself that you will start to see passive income in the medium term, so it is best that you enjoy the journey, in the end, those who persist, get their prize!
Choose a theme or niche that you are passionate about
First think about that theme that you are passionate about and on which you want to focus when taking your photographs. It is the first point not to abandon soon after.
Well let me tell you that many photography lovers (and even professionals already) tend to stumble on this step.
The reason? They lack specialization in a specific subject.
This can lead to the photographs not reaching the professional level sought by companies or image banks on the Internet.
Of course, you can get good at different themes and styles – it’s up to you. But trust me, if you go for one in particular, you are going to stand out in the online photography market.
And the best of all!
This ‘expertise’ will accompany you in your professional career, while working on your personal brand as a “photographer of (write your theme here)”
Do you want several examples?
- If you are an adventurous person and you like to travel, you can capture the essence and spirit of each country. Of course, documéntate before!
- Is the world of fashion your thing? Then you might consider taking photos of models in an eye-catching and original outfit. In addition to capturing interest in the ‘outfit’, you will encourage the public to also be interested in knowing who the author of the photographs is.
- If you love culinary art, as well as gastronomy, being a food photographer can be your best ‘excuse’! Your photos can stand out and be requested by the great chefs to promote their star dishes.
- Nature is another niche in demand, given the current awareness of the environment, sustainability and climate change. Exotic plants, wild animals and even some of the mysterious and varied landscapes of our country could be the protagonists of the photographs that you will later sell.