The newborn photography or newborn photography is that photograph that is based on the very first days after birth. Although it may seem and be confused with baby photography , the truth is that Newborn Photography Klang has unique characteristics that make it different from any other type of photography.
It is usual that the first days of a baby’s life parents are saturated with so much change, uncertainty and lack of sleep, but it is highly recommended to take a breath, stop and reserve a morning to generate an absolutely unique and unrepeatable memory such as having some nice images of this short stage.
So, whether you are the photographer to be the father or mother of the offspring, or if you are going to do a newborn photography session for friends or acquaintances and even want to enter this world in a professional way, this comprehensive guide is for you. With it I intend to resolve any questions you have in this regard and guide you throughout the process. I really hope that it helps you in this photographic discipline.
Now, if you are late for the newborn session and what you need is a guide for the next stage, here is the complete guide to photography for babies and for when they are a little older, this one dedicated to photographing children full of tricks and tips.
WHAT IS NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY?
The photograph newborn is one that, as you ahead, take the very first days of life of the baby. That is, between 6 and 10 days, maximum 15.
Only 10 days of margin? You will surely wonder why newborn photography is so limited in time, if a baby of one month, or even two, we see practically a newborn.
But the truth is that no, because a newborn baby has special characteristics that last a few days and that is why you have to “hurry” when taking photos in the first days of life. Next, I explain the reason for this limitation in time.
During the newborn phase, the baby is characterized by:
- Being highly elastic, it still retains the natural postures it adopted inside the mother’s belly.
- The nails are extremely thin and fragile, very characteristic of this stage as well.
- In many cases, it still retains the hair on the ears and back ( lanugo ) so characteristic of newborns.
- He sleeps a lot and deeply, which is very useful for the session. At 3 weeks, the “infant crisis” may occur, making them more uncomfortable and irritable.
- Infant acne may also appear within a few weeks.
- After a few days they change the skin with which they are born, they flake slightly especially on the hands, feet, etc. It is also a typical (and photographic detail of this phase).
- The hair is silky and the skin is very fine, if you have had a newborn baby nearby you will know what I mean.
These characteristics are exclusive to the first days, afterwards it is another highly photograpable and equally precious stage, but different.
PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT FOR NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY
To photograph a newborn, the first thing to keep in mind is that, with a certain grace and a few tricks, you can do it with any type of camera. You can even achieve impressive results simply with your mobile phone’s camera . Now, it is clear that if you have a good photographic team with you, then all the better. That said, this is the team that I recommend:
- Camera with interchangeable lenses. Here are some good options for different levels and budgets.
- Tripod. It is not essential since surely most of the images will be done freehand. However, if you have one, it can help you in low light situations, etc. If you are looking for one here we guide you in the purchase of your next tripod .
- Objective: Here you have detailed the best objectives for newborn photography .
- Continuous light. If you have a room with good natural lighting, take advantage of it. If not, you can use some type of continuous lighting such as umbrellas or light windows.
- White noise machine. It is not strictly photographic but if you want to calm the baby, it is a device that can be very useful. These types of noises imitate those that the baby feels in its mother’s belly and relaxes them. Tip: at home you can take advantage of the noise of the washing machine or a hair dryer, for example.